Friday, October 21, 2016

Why a Name Change?

So you may have noticed that I changed the name of my blog. There are a couple of reasons for this.

Number one is personal growth. I have been moving into an arts and lifestyle type of blog recently. The previous name, Gyrfalcon Studios does not reflect that to me. The Owl's Nest is a name that is much more meaningful to my art practice and my life. Gyrfalcon Studios is the past and The Owl's Nest is my future.

Another reason is the meaning of the names. Gyrfalcon Studios was a name I picked when I was very young. It was based off of what bird had my wingspan. It had meaning to me then but not so much now.

The Owl's Nest has much more meaning to and much more thought put into it. The owl has been an animal that has meant a lot to me since childhood. It was giving a presentation on an owl that allowed me to break out of my shell as a child. It was also an owl that let me know for sure that Moore was right school for me (a story in itself, let me know if you're curious and I'll write a post about it). The nest is a place where something is nurtured to adulthood. The Owl's Nest is where I'll post about my art projects as they are nurtured to completion.

So there you have it! Gyrfalcon Studios is now officially The Owl's Nest. My instagram has been changed to @Owls_n_Art and my Facebook and Etsy have been changed to Owl Nest Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment