Sunday, August 2, 2015

I'm Back From Chincoteague!

As always, Chincoteague was a wonderful experience! I'm always so relaxed when I'm there. This year I attended both the Feather Fund Auction and the Pony Penning Auction.  As a gift for graduation my mom had donated in my name to the Chincoteague Legacy Group. This group was formed to buy one of Surfer Dude's buyback foals. We made history! We broke the record of the highest priced buyback at $25,000.

My mom was able to take a selfie with her.
  On a more somber note, this Pony Penning marked the passing of one of my favorite yearlings, Soul Surfer. He was diagnosed with intestinal cancer and had to be put down. He was full brother to Riptide and the son of Surfer Dude. He will always have a special place in my heart.


Just a reminder my books are now CLOSED. Once I become used to the rhythm of college life, they may open again.

No comments:

Post a Comment