Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Feather Fund's Model Horse Auction

So last year myself and Kristian of Five Paws Studio found an amazing organization called the Feather Fund. They help deserving children buy the pony of their dreams at the Pony Penning in Chincoteague. Every year they hold an auction which the main highlight is model horse portraits of the various horses on Assateague.
More on their story here.
Check out their Facebook here.
This year I'm hoping to send two donations. I've started on one's color and the other is waiting for me to do a primer run before I can get some color on him.

The model I've started will be painted as a portrait of Ajax a bay pinto stallion.
photo courtesy of Lois Szymanski
In the first layer of pigments
The other I hope to paint a light buckskin pinto. More updates will come on him later. So, all my model horse friends check out this organization and if possible consider donating something to this auction so the Feather Fund can raise some funds to continue their wonderful mission!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing, Madison! Thank you for helping the Feather Fund!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I think I might be able to make it down to the auction this year. :)

      Delete