Friday, July 12, 2013

My Journey into Resculpting - Finishing the Tail

So when I last left you I was letting the tail firm up before sculpting the other sides. But even as it was drying, I started disliking it more and more. The tail bone was too thick for my taste, and I didn't like how the tail was flagged. So I decided to redo the tail with a different set.


I let that sit over night to fully cure and started sculpting the hair of the tail.

Almost done with the front side

Done!
Then I noticed that one of the hooves was raised off the ground. I did a couple tests, setting the horse on the table tail and all, that had the hoof raised, and then set it on the table with the tail hanging off the table. That test revealed the problem - the tail was to long! So I took my trusty Dremel and cut about an inch and a half of the tail off. I fixed some of the hairs that had been distorted and finally the tail was done! Phew!


Next, I'm moving on to the mane, and fixing the feathers that were damaged when I cut off part of the tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment