Saturday, September 27, 2014

Creating a Flaxen Liver Chestnut - Part Two


Here's what you need:

  • brushes or q-tips for applying color
  • horse
  • reference picture
  • matte acrylic sealer
  • Brown 610 or a reddish brown pastel
  • Chocolate brown pigment or pastel 
Today we'll cover finishing the base coat and the very beginning of the shading. As always make sure to have a reference picture close by!


In part one, I pasteled three layers of pigments onto my drafter. The horse is pictured in its fourth layer. I uses a wet pigment technique that I am still developing to get the Brown 610 solid.


When the sealer dried I pasteled another layer of Brown 610 and then blended my chocolate brown pigment across the top line. With that, my base coat was finished and the shading had begun!


In the next installment, I'll continue the shading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment