Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

So many awesome things happened this year. I officially opened my Etsy shop, I attended Pony Penning, and last but certainly not least, I began college at Moore College of Art & Design as an Art Ed major.


And while 2015 was an awesome year, I plan on making 2016 even better! I go back to college in two weeks and begin my intro to Art Ed. course. I also am organizing an art show at my high school to show off the talent of the art department.

I have made several resolutions this year but the one I want to share with is art related. Sometimes when I'm at college, it is hard to make my own art. I just do the projects assigned to me and that causes a minor burnout. So this year I'm challenging myself to create at least one piece of art for myself each month. And I'm inviting you to join me!


Each month has a theme. Where you take the theme is up to you:

January - The Ancient World
February - Dreamlike
March - New Life
April - Growth
May - Animals
June - Mythology
July - Feathers
August - The Future
September - Knowledge
October - Remembrance
November - The Modern World
December - Winter

Every month I will post a brief introduction to the theme and some examples that I feel fit the theme (or in the case of January, some art from the cultures being explored). These pieces can be created in any medium, from colored pencil to text. I will be posting my in-progress and finished pieces on here and on instagram using the hashtag #GFSYearofArt. If you participate and post your piece on instagram tag me @gyrfalconstudios and/or use #GFSYearofArt so I can see what you've created! I may even repost my favorites.

More info for this month's theme will be posted tomorrow.

So when I go back to college I won't be able to work much on models, but rest assured there will be other art and life oriented posts! Let me know if you want me to talk about anything specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment